Habitat Family Form
At this time we have suspended accepting any applications for homeownership until January 2020 due to the number of homes we are currently building and the number of qualified families in our program.
3 Good Reasons to Partner with us
- Habitat homes are sold at cost to partner families for an interest-free mortgage.
- Volunteer labor and materials donations help keep the cost of the home much lower than market price.
- We build homes in partnership with people who are unable to secure a normal bank loan but have good credit scores and the financial ability to pay the mortgage, utilities and other standard home related expenses.
Qualifying for a Home
To build a home with Habitat for Humanity of Medina County you need to:
- Have a need for decent housing
- Desire to partner with Habitat
- Your partnership will mean putting in 300 “sweat equity” hours working on Habitat projects, other families’ homes or sometimes your own home. Everyone over the age of 18 living in the home must complete these sweat equity hours.
- You will also attend home education and financial planning classes. Keep in mind this partnership may involve 20-30 hours per month of extra work in addition to your regular employment.
- Have the ability to pay for a home.
- As a home buyer, it is necessary that you have a steady income history. You may still be considered even if you have a steady income from sources other than employment. Check the chart below to see if your income is within our guidelines.
|Family Size||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|